Feature Friday: Sayira Brubaker
Today I am featuring local mama, Sayira Brubaker. Sayira is the mother of two little girls, Neriah, 3 and Adelina, 1. She loves finding a good bargain, drinking tea, the color yellow, and painting in the evenings. Sayira is married to her middle school sweetheart and is a stay at home mama.
1. What is the best parenting advice you ever received? "Enjoy them while their young" and "this too shall pass" I didn't understand what that meant until now. My girls are only little for a short period of time. Enjoy them! Enjoy every stage that comes with them! For one day, they will be grown and out of the house. With 'this too shall pass' for me, it's a lot of sleepless nights. But this isn't forever. There will be a day when they sleep and I'll be begging them to wake up. So enjoy them while their little and don't sweat the small stuff for this too shall pass.
2. What is your greatest challenge as a parent? Lack of sleep and losing my independency. I loved to sleep prior to kids. I would go to bed at 8:30-9:00 almost every night. Now, with kids, we put them to bed around 8 and I'm up until midnight just doing me. Being a stay-at-home-mom I'm with the girls ALL DAY. So when they go to bed, I want some me time and I sacrifice sleep because of it.
3. What is the latest with your kid(s)? My girls are 1 is teething/having a growth spurt who wakes up every 2 hours for a bottle and the other always sneaks back into our bed because she feels more comfortable sleeping with us. I've come to the conclusion that this too shall pass :)
4. What is your dream day as a family? Waking up from a FULL nights rest, go out for breakfast, go to the park or a zoo, then go for lunch, come home and get our 1.5 year old down for a nap while we relax and watch a movie with our almost 4 year old, go outside when nap is over and play in the sandbox (or dig for worms - says my 4 year old), grill for dinner and end our night roasting marshmallows by the fire.
5. What is the kid item you can't live without? Our sippy cup and whatever stuffed animal has caught the attention of my girls. My girls are always thirsty and when I forget the sippy cup...it's a bad day for me.
6. What is your favorite local kids activity? Going to the park, petting zoo, library or any coffee shop with an area just for kids.
7. How do you unwind? Honestly I'm still trying to figure that out. Learning to as Elsa says "Let it go" is hard for me. I find myself battling the "I could be doing this and this and this" in my brain. But, if I do have a day when I'm like nope, not doing it tonight, I will get a cup of tea, sit down in comfy chair with my Bible reading scripture and then if one passage stuck out to me, I would write it and paint with watercolors.
8. What is your favorite beauty products? I have 2. My nighttime cream I made which is coconut oil, lavender essential oil, frankincense essential oil and lemon essential oil. It been helping me with clearing my skin and re-hydrating my dry skin. And the second is my mascara. There are days when I only have time to put on one thing and that's my go to. I have a mascara tube in my car in case I run out the house and forget to bring it.